From : Alice Yao
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (better paranoid than dead.)
ALWAYS KEEP THE DOORS AND WINDOWS LOCKED…REMEMEBER WHERE KEPT THE KEYS!!
THIS COULD HAPPEN WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECTED…EVEN AT THE PRIVACY OF YOUR OWN HOME.
1. The elbow is the strongest point on your body. Us it.
2. If a robber asks for your wallet/purse, toss it away from you… DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM.
Chances are that he will go after money than you. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. This has saved lives. If you are thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won’t see you, but everybody else will.
4. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS. There is a tendency to get into cars and just sit doing checkbook, making a list, etc. Predator can get in put a gun to your head.
If someone is in the car, with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF, repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.
5. Be aware getting into your car in a parking lot/parking garage when you are alone:
Look around you, inside your car floor at the passenger side, and in the back seat.
Look at the car parked on the driver/passenger side of your vehicle. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back or get a guard/policeman to walk you.
If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
6. Take the elevator instead of the stairs. Stairwells are perfect crime spot. This is especially at NIGHT!
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! Preferably in a zigzag pattern! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; and even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ.
8. STOP ALWAYS trying to be sympathetic: Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and asked "for help" into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
9. The Crying Baby theory: It was mentioned on America¡¦s Most Wanted when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana.
A friend heard a crying baby on her porch. Then it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window. She worried that it would crawl to the street and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird.
The police told her ¡§We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." They think a serial killer has a baby’s cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes. They have had several calls heard baby’s cries outside their doors when they’re home alone at night.